Florida Army National Guard Military Honors
Military Honors allows a grateful nation to pay tribute to veterans who, in time of war and peace, stood strong in defense of the United States of America. Military Honors is a free entitlement for all honorable discharged veterans.
The Florida Army National Guard Military Honors program was established in 2003. It has grown to a statewide program that provides military honors to more than 400 veterans per month across Florida.
Our program has five regional offices and support teams to serve our veterans and families seven days a week.
For more information about our program or to schedule Military Honors, please email
email@example.com or call our office at (904) 823-0630.
Funeral Honors Eligibility
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve.
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
- The preferred method for verifying eligibility is the DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. If the DD Form 214 is not available, any discharge document showing other than dishonorable service can be used. The DD Form 214 may be obtained by filling out a Standard Form 180 and sending it to:
National Personnel Records Center(NPRC)
9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132
- The Standard Form 180 may be obtained from the National Records Center or via the Internet at: http://www.archives.gov/research/order/standard-form-180.pdf.