Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Lt. Col. Jason Hunt - Commander, CBJTC
Command Sgt. Maj. Russell Lloyd - Command Sergeant Major, CBJTC
Camp Blanding Joint Training Center (CBJTC) near Starke, is the National Guard’s premier training site in North Florida. The 73,000-acre post provides resources to enhance joint, interagency, intergovernmental, and multinational training in support of our nation, state and communities. As a key stakeholder in the region, CBJTC continues to grow new partnerships and enhance existing ones.
Quality customer service is provided to a wide range of customers spanning the Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental and Multinational (JIIM) Spectrum. This diverse customer base keeps CBJTC relevant while providing various revenue streams to sustain its capabilities. The application of state and federal funds provides continual improvements for existing services, creates opportunities for the development of new ranges, and supports construction of facilities to better meet the needs of our customers. Camp Blanding remains committed to and capable of supporting JIIM organizations desiring to train both federal and state missions.
Named after former Chief of the National Guard Bureau and Florida Guardsman, Army Lt. Gen. Albert Hazen Blanding, the post has been an important training site for our military members since World War II. In January 2015, CBJTC celebrated its 75th Anniversary recognizing its past importance as a mobilization station as well as highlighting its future relevance in the current Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) operating environment.
Camp Blanding Museum and Park
Camp Blanding was a major U.S. Army training facility during the Second World War. It was originally established as a state-owned training reservation in 1939 for the Florida National Guard. However, as war clouds materialized, the mobilization of reserve forces and the rapid expansion of the entire United States Army required Camp Blanding to be converted to a federal reservation. It was subsequently enlarged to house two complete infantry divisions along with many separate units.
Prior to turning Camp Blanding into an Infantry Replacement Center (IRTC) in 1943, dozens and dozens of army formations comprising hundreds of thousands of troops trained at Camp Blanding. Included were formations of Infantry, Cavalry, Tank Destroyer, Field Artillery, Engineer, Medical and other specialist troops. Nine entire Infantry Divisions trained at Camp Blanding: 1st ID (Big Red One), 29th ID (Blue & Gray), 30th ID (Old Hickory), 31st ID (Dixie), 36th ID (Texas), 43rd ID (Winged Victory), 63rd ID (Blood and Fire), 66th ID (Panther) and the 79th ID (Cross of Lorainne).
For most of 1944 and 1945, a very large percentage of the individuals sent to replenish the ranks of America’s combat infantry formations trained at the Camp’s IRTC. In Addition, the Camp was the site of a 2800-bed hospital, a German Prisoner of War Compound and at the war’s end, a Separation Center.
Following the war, Camp Blanding reverted to state control, and today is a Joint Training Site for the National Guard and other Reserve Components and some Active Component training.
For more history and information about Camp Blanding come visit the Camp Blanding Museum and Park at address below.
5629 SR 16 West,
Starke, Florida 32091
Phone: 904.682.3196 Phone
Hours of Operation:
Noon - 4pm
Closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas
Free (Donations gladly accepted)